Getting a tattoo of seashells is not only registering a delicate mark on the skin, it is also ensuring that different representations accompany you forever, since we are talking about a symbol with different meanings and shapes. And if you intend to adopt the seashell as your next tattoo, how about knowing a little more about all its symbology, and still be inspired by 25 charming images?
Meaning of Seashell Tattoo
A seashell tattoo has several meanings: it represents intuition, sensitivity and imagination, in addition to being a figure that reflects the passion for the sea and nature. In Aztec culture, a shell symbolizes the God of the moon and fertility, while for Buddhists, it is seen as one of the eight Auspicious Symbols, representing the Buddha’s voice.
The tattoos that have a shell and a pearl carry an additional meaning: the figure refers to rebirth, resilience and success. But when the drawing has a closed shell, it means that the person is reserved.
Check out this inspiring list with seashell tattoos of various shapes, styles and sizes, for you who are looking for a beautiful reference to create your own art.
1. Best Friend Seashell Tattoo
2. Black Color Seashell Tattoo
3. Colorful Seashell Tattoo
4. Seashell and Flower Tattoo on Shoulder
5. Seashell and Pearl Tattoo
6. Seashell Tattoo on Arm
7. Seashell Tattoo Design on Arm
8. Seashell Tattoo on Back
9. Seashell Tattoo on Wrist
10. Seashell with Pearl Tattoo on Hand
11. Seashell with Pearl Tattoo
12. Seashell with Flower Tattoo
13. Seashell Tattoo on Foot
14. Seashell and Flower Tattoo on Back
15. Shell Flower Tattoo on Ankle
16. Simple Seashell Tattoo
17. Simple Seashell Tattoo Outline
18. Small Seashell Tattoo Design
19. Small Seashell Tattoo on Ankle
20. Small Seashell Tattoo on Foot
21. Small Seashell Tattoo
22. Small Seashell Wrist Tattoo
23. Starfish and Seashall Tattoo
24. Watercolor Seashell Tattoo
25. Watercolor Seashell Tattoo on Ankle
After checking these images, it certainly became easier to choose which is your favorite shell. Now just set up your session with the tattoo artist!