Many love to bring a lightening effect on the natural hair for a different look. If you want to avoid bleach and still want lightening effect use of lemon juice is considered the best. Here we listed some best homemade ways to use lemon juice to lighten hair naturally. If you want to go with natural bleaching methods for hair lightening then lemon juice is always the best choice for you. There are many ways to lighten hair with lemon juice, but the below mentioned are the best in giving the desired result to you.
Does Lemon Juice Really Lighten Hair?
Lemon juice is a popular natural bleaching agent. Very easily it can lighten hair. When you apply lemon juice, you need to ensure same is heat activated, and that can only happen when you are out under the sun.
How To Lighten Your Hair Color With Lemon Juice?
There are various ways of lightening hair with lemon. We are sharing some unique methods for the better result without damaging hair.
1. Lemon Juice and Water
Citric acid present in Lemon gets diluted to a great extent by water and helps in bringing the lightening effect on the hair in a natural way without causing any harm to hair. If you want no so lighten effect on the hair then reduce the acidic feature of lemon juice with water.
- Warm Water
- Lemon Juice
- Take 2 lemon juice in a glass spray bottle
- Now add 6 spoons of warm water in it
- Mix well and spray it on your hair from root till tip
- Sit under the sun for 30 mins to let it dry
- Now wash your hair with plain water and pat dry.
2. Coconut oil and Lemon Juice
Coconut oil will help in holding the moisture of the hair and restrict it from getting too dry. The mix will lighten the hair naturally without losing the softness or moisture of the hair.
- Chamomile tea bags
- Lemon Juice
- Virgin coconut oil
- Hot war
- Take 1 cup hot water in a glass jar and add 4 tea bags (chamomile) and soak it for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Now take teabags out and cool down the tea and remove it in a big mixing bowl
- Now add ½ cup of Virgin yogurt.
- Add 2 spoons each of lemon juice and coconut oil.
- Blend well to bring uniformity to the mix
- Apply it all over your hair from root to top using a hair brush.
- Sit outside under sunlight for about 30 minutes. You can extend it to max 1 hr.
- Wash your hair using herbal shampoo.
Tip: Condition your hair well to make it soft.
3. Honey and Lemon Juice
Honey is another popular hair lightener which bleaches the hair in a completely natural way without causing any harm to it. With regular use of this mix a golden hue effect can be seen in the hair. The hair will appear thick, strong and nourished.
- Lemon Juice
- Take 1 spoon of honey in a small bowl and add 2 spoons of lemon juice and mix well.
- Now add 1 spoon of warm water to it and mix well.
- Apply the mix on your hair from root to tip and allow it to sit for about 10 mins.
- The result will be good if you can spend time under the sun to get the best effect.
- Wash your hair with water and pat dry.
Tip: Condition your hair well to reduce brittleness in hair.
4. Olive oil and Lemon Juice
Olive oil gives strength and shines to the hair. It is enriched with vitamins A, E, and antioxidants and supports in maintaining the keratin in hair and makes it moisture sealed. The acidic feature of lemon in the mix lightens the hair naturally while olive seals the moisture to avoid dryness in hair.
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Spray bottle
- Take ½ to 1 cup fresh lemon juice based on the thickness of hair.
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of Olive oil based on the thickness of hair and mix well.
- Pour it in a spray bottle. First, make your hair wet under the tap and then towel dry to make it damp.
- Cover the shoulders with a towel and spray the mix all over your hair
- Now move under the sun as this will activate the lemon juice. Wait for an hour under the sun
- How was your hair with cool water, Now shampoo.
Tip: Keep conditioning your hair for 2 to 3 days after this treatment.