For some realization comes early, for some, it comes late. But, there is no denying that even a beauty queen turns to natural ingredients to keep her beauty instead of relying on cosmetics or supplements. With the growth in the medical industry, there have been numeral technologies that have come up and are successful for the surgical treatments. Especially when we talk about the dermatological surgeries who show instant results.
However, these instant surgeries have their side effects. These side effects can create a worse situation than that existed. Therefore, looking at such trends people have started to use home remedies which were once used by their moms and grand moms. Once such product is Yogurt. Yogurt – just like the health benefits it has several beauty benefits as well. Here we explain some effective homemade yogurt face mask recipes let us read to know!
Yogurt Face Mask Benefits
Yogurt soothes, smoothens, and clears the pores of your skin within a short span of time. Also, the best part, if yogurt anyhow does seem to suit you it won’t have any side effects on your skin, all the more yogurt will soothe it. The following are the benefits of Yogurt:
- Skin Miniaturization
- Wrinkles and fine line reduction
- Reduces acne
- Blemishes and Pigmentation removal
- Dark circles reduction
- Skin Infection treatments
- Soothes Sunburn
- Removes Tanning
- Brightens your face
The yogurt mask is easy to make, all you need is the ingredients and accurate measurement of each related to the issue you want to treat. Sometimes the only yogurt does wonder if you want to just soothe your skin and relax.
Yogurt and Honey
Honey is considered to have great health benefits, especially when it comes to weight loss or shaping your body. When it comes to the application of face mask, honey proves to be great for the dead skin removal and brightening your skin.
Yogurt soothes and brightens your skin, along with it the cinnamon makes your skin warm and will allow the blood to purify as it is oxygen-rich essential. Initially, the paste might give you a light tingling, which assures the pack is working. Honey hydrates your skin.
- 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- A pinch of Cinnamon
- A pinch of nutmeg
How to do:
- Mix the honey, yogurt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in the bowl
- Mix until the paste becomes smooth and thick
- Using a brush apply the mask on your face
- Leave it for another 10 minutes
- Wash it off using warm water
- Pat dry your face and moisturize
Tips: Try the application of yogurt mask before the night out. This will allow to set the makeup evenly and for more time.
Yogurt and Avocado
Avocado, an enriching and omega 2 fatty acid rich fruit is not just beneficial for health but your face too. The creamy texture fruit allows to go deep into the pores of your face and nourish your skin. The yogurt and avocado face mask allows your skin to relax and become glow and smooth.
- ½ Avocado
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon yogurt
- Mash the avocado in a bowl
- Add honey and yogurt to the bowl
- Mix the ingredients in the bowl until it becomes a paste
- Now with a clean face apply a thick paste of mask
- Apply the mask for about 15 minutes
- Clean the face with warm water cloth
- Then splash cold water on your face to remove the paste completely
- Moisturize your skin
Tips: One can apply the paste using a brush for easy and even application.
Yogurt and Turmeric
Turmeric is a kind of element all the diseases find its antidote in. There are social precedents in India where turmeric has been the ideal beauty treatment. It’s well-known fact that turmeric has antioxidants and is rich with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help rid of many skin related problems.
- 1 tsp of plain yogurt
- 2 tsp. organic turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. raw honey
- 1/2 a squeezed lemon
How to apply:
- Put yogurts, turmeric, and honey in one bowl.
- Mix them thoroughly into a thick paste.
- Helve the lemon and squeeze it into the mixture.
- Mix it well to ensure not-so-runny paste.
Tips: Don’t add too much lemon – although it’s good – for better consistency.
Yogurt and Oatmeal
Are you facing skin issues like skin rashes, insect bite, dark circles, or eczema? Oatmeal along with Yogurts could be your ultimate solution. Having emollient qualities, Oatmeal reduces itching and provides much-needed smoothness to the skin.
- 1 tbsp oatmeal (fine)
- 1 tbsp plain yogurt
- A few drops of honey
- Pour in yogurt in the bowl and add Oatmeal.
- Mix them together well.
- Warm a spoonful of water on the gas for a few seconds.
- Add honey to the water to have warm honey.
- Add honey to the yogurt paste and steer well.
- Apply the paste on the face.
- Leave the mask for 10 minutes on the face.
- Rinse the face with warm water.
- Clean the face with a dry towel.
Tips: Wash face before applying the mask.
Lemon and Yogurt
Lemon along with yogurt allows to soothe and reduce the skin irritation and redness caused due to the sun rays. Lemon helps in reducing the scars and blemishes on your face and instantly calms them down. The lemon helps in removal of tan, blemishes, and skin irritation on the face. The lemon because of the citric acid is a great remedy for tan and sunburn removal. It allows to soothe the face and removes the dirt completely from the pores.
- 1 Lemon
- 1 to 2 teaspoon of yogurt
- In a bowl squeeze one fresh lemon
- Now add 2 teaspoons of yogurt
- Mix the ingredients well
- Apply the mask on your face
- Leave the mask on your face for about 15 minutes
Tips: Do not apply the mask if skin irritated too much. A little tingling effect will cause, which shows the pack is working.
Yogurt is the key essential for skin care. There are numerable skincare home remedies, however, yogurt, will not just help you during skin issues but can be applied and added to your daily routine. These packs of yogurt will give you a completely relaxed and calm skin.